American Residential Treatment Association
ARTA (www.artausa.org) was formed in 1992 by the directors of Spring Lake Ranch and Spruce Mountain Inn to promote and enhance residential mental health treatment. Member organizations of ARTA offer a variety of services to respond to a wide range of needs. The website offers information on each program, contact phone numbers and website links.
National Alliance on Mental Illness
NAMI (www.nami.org) is a grassroots mental health organization dedicated to advocacy, research, support, and education to improve the lives of persons living with serious mental illness and their families. Founded in 1979, NAMI has chapters in every state and in over 1100 local communities across the country who join together to meet the NAMI mission.
National Institute of Mental Health
NIMH (www.nimh.nih.gov) is the federal agency for research on mental and behavioral disorders. It also provides information on mental disorders and resources on how to locate services in your area.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
SAMHSA (www.samhsa.gov) is a division of federal Health and Human Services Agency whose mission is to build resilience and facilitate recovery for people with or at risk for substance abuse and mental illness.
NAMI Vermont (www.namivt.org) is a grassroots, volunteer organization of individuals and organizations who have joined together to improve services for persons who are diagnosed with mental illness in Vermont. They support education, research, and other efforts to reduce stigma and discrimination against consumers of mental health services and their families, which will finally lead to better understanding and eventual cures for this common health disorder.
The Vermont Association for Mental Health
VAMH (www.vamh.org) is a citizen's organization working to promote mental health and mental health services. For more than 70 years, the Vermont Association for Mental Health has worked to promote "mental wellness" in Vermont. Since 1981 when VAMH hired its current director, Ken Libertoff, Ph. D., the organization has expanded its vision and increased production in areas ranging from public educational activities, conferences and seminars, to provision of referral services and the dissemination of timely and relevant published materials. More dramatically, the Association has made a concentrated effort to become a true citizen's voice, a public and pronounced voice, on all critical mental and behavioral health issues.
- Bill Wilson House Alcoholics Anonymous Retreat www.wilsonhouse.org
- Maple Leaf Clinic & Dr. Dean Mooney www.mapleleafclinical.com/
- Maple Leaf Farm Rehab www.mapleleaf.org
- Lazy Acres Equines www.lazyacresequines.com
- Paramount Theatre www.paramountvt.org
- Rutland Farmer's Market www.rcfmvt.org
- Rutland Natural Food Market www.rutlandcoop.com
- Pyramid Holistic Wellness Center www.pyramidvt.com
- Northeast Organic Farmers Association of Vermont www.nofa.org
- The Bus www.thebus.com
- VocRehab www.vocrehabvermont.gov
- The Vermont Association of Business, Industry, & Rehabilitation (VABIR) www.vabir.org
- Catamount Trail Association www.catamounttrail.org
- Green Mountain Club www.greenmountainclub.org
- Rutland Chamber of Commerce www.rutlandvermont.com
- Vermont Sugar Makers Association www.vermontmaple.org
- Vermont Land Trust www.vlt.org
- Volunteers For Peace www.vfp.org
- Community College of Vermont www.ccv.edu
- Castleton State College www.csc.vsc.edu
- College of St Joseph www.csj.
Ski and Snowboard Areas
- Killington www.killington.com
- Pico www.picomountain.com
- Okemo www.okemo.com
- Bromley www.bromley.com
- Stowe www.stowe.com
- Smuggler's Notch www.smuggs.com
Mental Health Support and Self-Help Websites
- Mental Health America www.nmha.org
- Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center dms.dartmouth.edu/prc/
- Mental Health Research Association www.narsad.org
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention www.afsp.org
- NAMI Communities www.nami.org
- Mental Health Recovery & WRAP www.mentalhealthrecovery.com
- American Psychiatric Association www.psych.org
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance www.dbsalliance.org
- Families for Depression Awareness www.familyaware.org
- Borderline Personality Resource Center www.bpdresourcecenter.org
- Schizophrenia Support www.schizophrenia.com
- Obsessive Compulsive Foundation www.ocfoundation.org
- Dual Recovery Anonymous www.draonline.org
- National Empowerment Center www.power2u.
- American Lung Association www.lung.org
- Rutland Regional Medical Center www.rrmc.org
- Retreat Healthcare, Brattleboro, VT www.brattlebororetreat.org
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH www.dhmc.org
- Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, VT www.fahc.org
- McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA www.mclean.harvard.edu
- Menninger Clinic, Houston, TX www.menningerclinic.com
- Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY www.nyppsychiatry.org